melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

The Amaranth Enchantment

The Amaranth Enchantment - Julie Berry Yes, this is another review that has been a long time coming, but this book got lost on my TBR bookshelf for the last couple of years and I only just got around to reading it! When I turned the last page, my first thought was that The Amaranth Enchantment was a Cinderella tale with a hint of the story of Anastasia Romanov (and of course, a paranormal element, as well). This was an easy read that wasn't overly involved, which is exactly what I needed this week with my limited time to read.That said, I do think this book would have benefited from a little bit more detail to the plot and attention to the characters. I enjoyed the general story, but I felt like it had so much more potential than what we ultimately got. I would have loved to have seen more of Beryl and her involvement, not to mention some real development with Lucinda -- she fell rather flat to me. And I admit I had a bit of an eye roll moment when the story wrapped itself up at the end... It was a little too pretty and borderline ridiculous, though I admit I did have some suspicions about what kind of person Peter actually was.Anyway, I still think The Amaranth Enchantment is a fun adaptation of the Cinderella story we all know and love. It will provide you with a great escape and you won't get too bogged down -- it's really a great read as we head into summer and vacation season.