melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely)

Fragile Eternity  - Melissa Marr Melissa Marr has done it again. Just when I think this series can't get any better, it does. And now I understand so much more of what Marr was talking about at the book signing on Sunday, as well--particularly with regards to the choices some of the characters make in Fragile Eternity. I'm going to do my best to minimize spoilers in this review, so bear with me as I try to get my points across!It's funny, because I actually don't like some of the things that are happening in this story, yet it makes complete sense given what we know about all the characters. But the way events unfolded leaves the story at a point where you just have to find out what happens next--at least, I feel that way, at any rate. And again, I don't know what it is about these books, but I get so swept up into them that when I come to the end, it's almost always a shock to me, even though it's obvious there aren't many pages left.Niall's "new" side as the Dark King is certainly interesting, and now I can't quite decide how I feel about him--all the sudden his dark side is more prominent. Sorcha, the High Queen, proves to be a very interesting character, as well. Also intriguing are some familial relationships that are revealed in Fragile Eternity. Again, it's obvious that what makes this series so strong is Marr's ability to write strong, well-developed characters. Not to mention the fact that her Faerie realm is really fascinating. But certain events would not come to be if it weren't for the way certain characters simply were and would act. And let's just say that things are starting to heat up a bit between all the Faerie courts! I really hate the fact that I'm going to have a long wait for the fourth book!