melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

Deadly Exchange

Deadly Exchange - Geoffrey M. Gluckman Reading this book was like reading a season of 24, except that these events took place across more time than just one day. I have to admit that it was a little difficult to get settled into this book--because it is written from multiple points of view and shifts settings as events unfold, it can be a little difficult to follow at times. However, once I got comfortable it was a fascinating, riveting read... Gluckman's knowledge of the government, its agencies, and military technology is impressive! Not to mention, his plot twists keep you on the edge of your seat!I don't know about all of you, but for me well-developed characters are extremely important in creating an enjoyable book. Gluckman succeeded many times over with his character development in Deadly Exchange. Frank and Jennifer are very believable, but I can't say much without giving away an important part of the story. And as for the "bad guys," Walter Jones in particular--you love to hate them! The addition of the various Rastafarian boys added another element of interest to the "cast."If you enjoy political thrillers or the TV show 24, I think you would enjoy this book. Even though it started slow for me, the subject matter was so fascinating I couldn't help but enjoy Deadly Exchange.