melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

Club Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 3)

Club Dead - Charlaine Harris Well, as promised here is a review from one of the books I finished while here in Florida on vacation! I've already mentioned it, but Club Dead is my favorite of the Sookie Stackhouse books, so far. I'm not sure if that's because the writing and storyline have improved, though. I hate to admit it, but I think my preference for this book stems from the fact that I find Sookie and Bill's relationship annoying, but this time around he's hardly in the book at all. To be honest, I really wish that Sookie and Alcide had made a match of it, but I realize that's not where Harris is going with these books. And on top of that, I rather liked the fact that Eric was thrown into the mix more this time, too. For some reason, Bill's character just doesn't do much for me. I was also sorry that we didn't see as much of Sam and some of Sookie's co-workers in book 3, but certainly appreciated some of the new characters that were introduced.I felt that this book was faster paced with more action and excitement than the first two. As mentioned, I liked that Harris shook things up with Sookie and Bill's relationship a little more. I also get a kick out of "Bubba" the vampire, who just so happens to be a famous singer that didn't really die, but was brought over.