melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

Fade to Blue

Fade to Blue - Sean Beaudoin Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of this book. Fade to Blue is an off-beat, confusing read, and I'm pretty sure it's meant to be. Parts of the story find Sophie and Kenny questioning their sanity, and as I read this, I found myself wondering if I was going crazy, as well. The book is that difficult to follow, but at the same time I found myself wanting to find out just what in the world was going on!For the sake of being up front, this is the strangest book I've read all year. (And possibly the most frustrating.) The plot feels like it is all over the place, yet it is obviously intricately written. It is as if the story is going forwards and then backwards again. The characters are all pretty quirky, and various names and brands sound suspiciously like names and brands we are familiar with, yet often they convey something else.I should probably note that Fade to Blue is not a graphic novel, though the cover art suggests it may be. However, the story does revolve around comic books--well, one in particular... I can't say that this is a book for everyone, but I think that readers who like books that are out there and off-beat will enjoy this one. While not one of my favorite reads, I can appreciate what Beaudoin was working to achieve with Fade to Blue.