melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

The Girl Who Chased the Moon: A Novel

The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen Once again, Sarah Addison Allen has written a charming novel with just enough magic, mystery, and romance to make for the perfect escape. I have highly enjoyed each of her books, and while this one may not have been my favorite of the bunch, I still loved it!My favorite part about Allen's books is that you could almost believe the stories are true--including the bits of magic. It is so easy to be completely swept into her stories, and this one is no exception. In The Girl Who Chased the Moon, we once again have the perfect mix of original and quirky characters, most of whom have more than a bit of mystery they are hiding. While the story is perhaps meant to focus more on Emily and her search for answers, I found myself much more interested Julia's story and what would become of her. My only wish is that this book could have gone on a little longer and deeper into the various storylines. On the one hand, I loved the way the story ended, on the other, I simply wanted to know more and what the scene to follow would be like!If you are looking for a story to take you away (to a charming Southern town, no less), look no further than Allen's books. There is usually a bit of sexuality, but nothing that is over the top offensive. Now that I've had the opportunity to read each of her books, I can't wait for the next!