melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

Beyond This Moment (Timber Ridge Reflections, Book 2)

Beyond This Moment - Tamera Alexander I originally picked up this book solely for the cover, I just really, really liked it--an attractive woman with a gorgeous background, not to mention the handsome man behind her. After reading the synopsis I was intrigued and had to get it, since I've lately been finding many Christian Fiction books that I've enjoyed. Now I have to admit that the book sat around waiting to be read for awhile, until just a few days ago. I was fortunate enough to meet Julie Lessman at her book signing on Tuesday, and she, my mother and I had coffee together afterwards, which was such a treat. I cannot tell you how special that lady is! And before you wonder what in the world my point is, I am mentioning all this because Julie happened to mention that she enjoyed Tamera Alexander. So, knowing I had this book sitting on a bookshelf back at home, I made a mental note to start it as soon as I finished the book I was reading at the time.I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed. Unfortunately, I actually left this book at the office on Friday and not only is it the weekend but that was actually my last day at that job!! I was so hooked on this book, though, that I went out and bought another copy today so that I could finish it. Alexander's writing has a quality similar to Julie Lessman's--the story just grabs you and doesn't let go. The story is woven very well with characters that are very realistic--many are likable and then there are those you'd love to strangle if given the chance. In all honesty, the plot itself was a bit predictable (I've been a bit spoiled by Julie's incredible twisting story lines), but what I appreciated most was the lack of preachiness, though there is no mistaking that this is a Christian fiction novel. Beyond This Moment only had a touch of the formulaic feel that I find too often ruins Christian fiction--thankfully, Alexander's beautiful writing lessens that impression.This was my first read by Tamera Alexander but it certainly won't be my last. I'm happy to have found another author of Christian fiction that I can enjoy so much.