melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

Someone Like You

Someone Like You - Sarah Dessen I enjoy that Sarah Dessen's books are always an easy read, and provide a nice break from the books I generally read. I believe this is about the 6th of Dessen's books that I have read, and I have to admit they do all start to sound the same after awhile. Girl has a best friend, one of the two of them finds a boyfriend and has a new facet to their life... Girl meets boy, boy ends up not being the right kind of guy for her (not always the case, but often)... Girl's relationship with boy causes her to do things she normally wouldn't and she grows apart from her mother/family...Don't get me wrong, it's a formula that almost always has me reading her books in one sitting, but after awhile I do feel like I'm reading similar stories over and over. Dessen's writing and depiction of the events in Someone Like You don't fail to please, and it is another great potentially relate-able piece of fiction for teenage girls. I have to admit that I generally can't relate to most of Dessen's stories, but I still find them interesting, perhaps because they are so different from the life I experienced growing up.If you like Dessen's other books, I would think you would enjoy Someone Like You, as well. It's a quick read and perfect for a lazy Summer day or night.