melsbookshelf

melsbookshelf

Anonymous

A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston, Book 3)

A Passion Denied - Julie Lessman With A Passion Denied, Julie Lessman has brought to life another incredible story about the O'Connor family. While I enjoyed both of the first two books in the series, the first, A Passion Most Pure, was definitely my favorite between the two. For me, this book reminded me very much of that one and I found myself unable to put it down, but fortunately I was not awake until 3:00am this time around! While this story focuses on Lizzie, I was happy to see that we were able to keep up with what is going on with Faith and Charity, as well.And let me tell you, all of these O'Connors are a very passionate family! In fact, sometimes I feel like they might be too passionate--or a better way of putting it is that they are very open about it. There were some conversations that took place and I tried to envision them happening in my family and it just wasn't working. In fact, I personally would probably have been embarrassed to have some of the conversations that were had between some of the family members!But all of that aside, Lessman has an amazing gift for telling a great, fast-paced story with lots of twists and turns. On more than one occasion I found myself saying, "Are you serious?!" when certain events unfolded. I love getting to know all of the characters even better, and it's always great to have a new hero to love--in this case, it's Brady. I definitely liked him--and really, it's hard to have a favorite among these men--but boy is he so darn stubborn sometimes! Then again, many men are. :-) In the end, Lessman is always able to wrap everything up with a nice bow, though. Without giving away too much, let me also mention that there is a little side plot involving Marcy and Patrick's marriage that also added another element to the story and gave it greater depth.Bottom Line: if you've read either of the first two books and enjoyed them, you're sure to like A Passion Denied, as well. If you haven't read any and have any interest in Christian/Historical fiction, you should definitely give these a try! My contest to win one of Julie Lessman's books is a great way to do that!